Student CRM web forms are built in, and hosted from, Student CRM and come in two types:
- Single Visit Form - this type of form is used once, to complete a single action.
- Multiple Visit Form - this type of form can be returned to, and the details amended, multiple times.
Single Visit Form
This type of form is used to complete one interaction in a single visit. For example, to request a prospectus, make an enquiry, or to subscribe to a newsletter. These forms can be embedded onto your website.
These are the apps that generate Single Visit Forms:
- ENQ - Enquiries (online)
- MEC - Mobile Event Capture on iPads (offline - is deployed on a university iPad via our iOS app ‘Mobile Event Pad).
- PRQ - Prospectus Requests (online)
- RAP - Rapid Response (online)
How to deploy a Single Visit Form
Single Visit Forms can be embedded into a university web page as follows:
- Get the web form code snippet from the Web From Builder app, step 5.
- Copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste it into your web page (this is usually done by whoever updates your web pages).
In Web Form Builder, go to step 5. Preview:
Click the 'Copy code to Clipboard' button: (NB: in the example below, you might notice the src of the iframe is blank. Don't panic! The script lines above it fill it in for the end-user when they visit the page.)
Multiple Visit Form
A Multiple Visit Form can be revisited many times by any student who may want to return and see their information and make changes, for example to book onto an open day, and then return to that booking a couple of days later and change the date.
Multiple Visit Forms can't be embedded into a website due to technical considerations around sessions and privacy - as each student must click a unique URL generated by Student CRM and sent out in their personal Touchpoints. Security measures apply to safeguard student data.
These are the apps that generate Multiple Visit Forms:
- AOD - Applicant Day bookings (online)
- APS - Application Form (online)
- APS - Applicant Portal (online)
- CTM - Functions bookings (online)
- EVM - Event bookings (online)
- POD - Pre-applicants Open Days bookings (online)
How to deploy a Multiple Visit Form
Multiple Visit Forms can be linked from your own website or digital campaigns, either as a text link or a more stylised call to action, like a button (see example below).
To do this:
- Find the URL of the web form in Student CRM.
- Copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Paste it into your code as the link behind your button or link (this is usually done by whoever updates your web pages).
To maintain your university’s branding and design, you can select one of the 15 built-in CSS themes, or you can paste in your own custom CSS (so it appears exactly the same as any other university web page).
Any further changes to the web form require no further work in your web page, it is all done from Student CRM, so when your web form is refreshed the new changes to the form are displayed.
Learn more about: